Pilgrim’s Announces Recipients of Hometown Strong Funding in Carrollton
Pilgrim’s is providing an update on how its Hometown Strong funds are being invested in Carrollton, Ga., to support the community’s future.
Pilgrim’s previously announced a $325,000 investment in the community and has since worked closely with local leaders to identify where the funds can best help meet immediate and longer-term community needs.
Pilgrim’s Carrollton has fully allocated the Hometown Strong funding to the below projects:
- A gift of $190,000 will fund construction of an agricultural education center on 20 acres of land already owned by Central Middle School.
- A gift of $30,500 will provide new athletic equipment to the White Plains High School Athletic Department.
- A gift of $30,000 will provide a new lawnmower to help with the upkeep of the Bowdon Baseball field.
- A gift of $30,000 will provide new uniforms for the Central High School marching band.
- A gift of $12,400 will increase the Pilgrim’s Endowed Scholarship amount to support a $1,000-$1,500 annual scholarship.
“Through Pilgrim’s Hometown Strong, we’re breathing new life into some of our key community spaces,” said Ricky Walker, Pilgrim’s Carrollton Complex Manager. “We are proud to partner with community leaders to bring this vision to life and serve the people of Carrollton for many years to come.”
“Carroll County Schools are blessed to have community partners like Pilgrim’s, who support our efforts to provide students with premier experiences in academics, arts, athletics and activities,” said Carroll County Schools Superintendent Scott Cowart. “Pilgrim’s generous donations for the Central High band program and the Central Middle School agriculture program will make a positive difference in the lives of our students.”
In addition to the above, Pilgrim’s also presented $22,100 to the Carroll County Soup Kitchen to purchase and install a walk-in freezer to alleviate food insecurity in the community.
The Pilgrim’s Carrollton production facility employs more than 650 people with an annual payroll of more than $22 million. The facility supports 83 growers, paying them more than $18 million per year for their chickens.
Pilgrim’s anchors dozens of rural communities – operating more than 30 meat poultry and prepared foods facilities and employing 31,000-plus people in the United States. Nationally, the Hometown Strong initiative is a $20 million investment from Pilgrim’s, which is part of a $100 million nationwide contribution from JBS USA. Visit hometownstrong.jbssa.com to learn more.